The Accounting Manager is primarily responsible for managing the company’s internal accounting and financial management systems. As well as managing, training, and developing accounting staff under their leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Accounting & Financial Management:
• Oversee all payroll operations, including certified payroll management and reporting. Maintaining payroll pay scale, raises, payroll loans, bonuses, reimbursements, and other payroll related tasks.
• Complete and post accounts receivables. Ensure accurate and timely processing and payment of contract invoices and change orders.
• Reconcile critical general ledger accounts monthly to ensure accuracy of accounting entries.
• Compile job specific budgets, work with project managers to maintain current budgets for all jobs. Periodic reporting on job financial performance and progress.
• Oversee accounts payable operations, ensuring that vendor invoices are being processed and paid in a timely and accurate fashion. Work with AP Manager to ensure excellent vendor relations.
• Generate and maintain job specific lien releases.
• Ensure proper internal financial controls and procedures are in place and followed.
• Assist in managing company treasury, utilizing optimal cash management practices.
• Assist in maintaining and managing professional advisor relationships including insurance brokers, lawyers, CPA, IT professionals, and bankers.
• Other accounting and financial management duties as assigned.
Personnel Management & Development
• Develop and motivate accounting staff, ensuring good team morale and motivation.
• Participate in hiring and training of new accounting staff.
• Assist in scheduling and maintaining workflow and production of accounting staff.
• Participate and contribute to staff planning meetings.
• Represent and communicate companies core values to team members, customers, and vendors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Valid driver’s license with favorable DMV record.
• Willingness to submit personal credit report.
• Authorization to work in the Unites States.
• Strong desire to be a part of close working supportive team.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent experience.
• Strong character references.
• Willingness to learn and complete tasks as needed that support the team.
• Strong ability to work with various software systems and networks.
• Proficient understanding of construction accounting principles and procedures.
• Strong communication skills written and verbal communication.
• Highly organized, self-starter with little direction needed.
• Team player with the ability to contribute to a team centric culture.
• 401K Plan enrollment with 4% annual company matching.
• Health Insurance coverage for employee and family.
• Life and disability insurance coverage.
• Dental Insurance.
• Paid Vacation and Sick Pay.
• Paid holidays throughout the year.