Quintus, Inc. is a manufacturer of composite products for a variety of applications and industries. Quintus is searching for a CNC Programmer / Machinist to join our team in Camp Verde, Arizona.
A programmer writes and modifies computer numerically controlled machine programs. A machine tool operator uses a CNC milling machine to produce parts according to print. A machinist must be able to manufacture parts according to print using numerous machining techniques and machines. This position combines all three of these functions into one job that reports directly to the Production Manager. This position also works closely with the engineering department.
Duties/Responsibilities for this position
• Convert CAD drawings, blueprints, and CAD solid models into CNC programs.
• Customize CNC programs to maximize production efficiency.
• Coordinate with the Machine Shop Manager to ensure that CNC programs are available in a timely manner.
• Coordinate with development team to optimize product prototyping, tooling and production.
• Machine startup.
• Program and part loading.
• Set-up and inspection program.
• Interpret blueprints for various products, perform set ups, grind custom tools and use inspection tools properly.
• Use specialized knowledge for the safe operation of various engine lathes, milling machines, grinders, and saws.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
• 5 years of experience with HAAS 3 & 4 axis vertical mills and programming preferred.
• 5 years of experience with Solidworks or comparable design software preferred.
• 5 years of experience with Mastercam or comparable programming software preferred.
• Experience with blueprint reading required.
• Experience with fixture design and building required.
• Knowledge to use various engine lathes, milling machines, grinders, and saws in a safe manner.
• Experience with the ISO 9000 quality standard.
• Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing a plus.
• Knowledge of materials vs. speed and feeds required.
• Team skills to work with machinists and operators to implement new programs and improve existing machining processes.
• Knowledge necessary to interpret blueprints.
• Tools required and apprenticeship helpful.
• Knowledge of materials mandatory.
• Ability to document work performed and log time on specific jobs.
Hourly rate depends on experience. Quintus offers health benefits, a 401k plan with employer matching, an ESOP plan, generous paid time off and more. Work hours are Monday-Thursday from 6:00am to 4:30 pm. Submit your resume via the link or stop by our facility at 684 Industrial Drive Camp Verde to drop off your resume.
Location: Camp Verde AZ
Company: Quintus, Inc.
Job Type: Full Time
Share this job:Gab Log in to flag this listing