We are seeking an experienced IT Developer/Software Engineer to join our growing Information Technology team. Our IT Developers are responsible for planning, developing, integrating and
maintaining software products which are used for day-to-day internal company business operations. These products span from off-the-shelf applications used internally such as accounting and inventory management systems, to customer-facing solutions that provide a backbone for all of our deployed applications such as license management. IT Developers/Software Engineers may collaborate with several internal and external teams and stakeholders to fully understand and define project goals, specifications, desired outcomes, testing and implementation requirements.
The candidate should have a drive to implement solutions that are well designed, with ample
consideration around code cleanliness, documentation, build management, testing and
deployment strategy, monitoring and troubleshooting. They should be comfortable working
within a small team and familiar with Agile development ceremonies and practices. They should
be an efficient and effective communicator, able to relay technical jargon in layman's terms
when necessary. This position requires attention to detail.
The ideal candidate is familiar with modern testing, debugging and linting methodologies.
● Familiar with core AWS services such as EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, IAM
● Full stack application design and development experience
● Fundamental understanding of HTTP, TLS, TCP/UDP
● Strong database development skills utilizing modern cloud-native data stores, NoSQL,
document stores and relational databases, with a preference for MySQL/MariaDB
● Experience utilizing enterprise-grade authentication technologies such as SAML 2.0,
OAuth 2.0, JWT, CAS
● Strong knowledge of building and utilizing RESTful or Graph APIs; routing, status codes,
error handling, rate limiting
● Experience using Git and GitFlow, CI/CD pipelines with test cases, with a preference for
● Design and develop product integration, enhancements and new functionality
● Create APIs for integration to internal and customer-facing applications
● Participate in development operation discussions to provide and receive feedback
around design, testing, implementation and monitoring best practices
● Deliver project milestones and Sprint deliverables on time
● Follow corporate policies and standards, to ensure your solutions adhere to proper
company data security and privacy guidelines and regulatory conditions such as PCIDSS, HIPAA, GDPR
● Implement new solutions with intentionality towards the reduction of technical debt
Experience / Education:
● Minimum two years in a software engineering or software development role
● Work within an Agile software development framework
● Four-year degree in Computer Science, or equivalent prior experience
● Experience with developing applications that run on the Linux stack, and Linux
● Networking, Security and ITIL certifications are a plus
● Background knowledge of regulatory conditions such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, GDPR a plus
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
ECRS is a fast-paced, progressive technology company with a wide range of opportunities for quality-oriented, career-minded individuals. Geographically situated in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, ECRS offers the unique opportunity high-tech career in a resort college town setting. The ECRS family is made up of energetic, outgoing professionals who love what they do for a living. They are courteous, knowledgeable people who strive for excellence in everything they do. ECRS employees work together in dynamic teams to create, sell, install, and support our best-in-class retail automation solutions.