Job Description: Infusion Nursing and Care Coordination for a concierge practice. This position will work along side the physicians in direct contact with concierge patients (70 percent of position) and assist in all areas of care coordination in addition to performing the infusion duties (30 percent of position) listed below.
A strong background in executive assistant skills or hospitality would be an added benefit to meet the demands of this position.
NO Vaccine or Mask mandates
The position of the Infusion Nurse/ Infusion Room Manager is a RN/BSN who specializes in the administration of medications and fluids through an intravenous (IV) line, central line, or venous access port. They can work as a resource to the staff MD by starting lines and training new nurses in obtaining and maintaining IV access. In addition, they will also be responsible for maintaining the IV supplies, health code maintenance for the room and hood, updating of policies and procedures, assist with homecare certification process and back up based on training for hyperbaric oxygen sessions. There may be other duties added as deemed necessary by management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and maintain positive clinical rapport with clients and their families, working closely with them in the provision of infusion therapy, education related to self - care and self - administration, and clinical monitoring of patient response to therapy.
• Obtain and document patient's medical history pertinent to IV therapy selected and perform pre screening assessment as provided, A more extensive visit will be required for home care visits under the Certified Homecare agency that will include pre and post op visits and wound care per physician orders. Some travel may be required within 50 miles of the health center.
• Complete all required clinical documentation thoroughly and timely, including nursing plans of care (POC), plans of treatment (POT), visit notes, clinical summaries, medication profiles, discharge summaries, as well as obtaining patient and/or caregiver signatures on relevant consents and required forms for homecare cases only.
• Communicate observations of patient response to therapy and overall physical assessment / condition with members of the care team in a timely manner.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge base of infusion therapies administered in the home and ambulatory infusion center, utilizing Benessair policies, procedures and protocols in addition to all available training resources to ensure understanding of each therapy before initiating treatment.
• Maintain current nursing licensure in all states in which patients are serviced, as required by the respective State Boards of Nursing and/or Department of Health.
• Comply with all State and Federal regulations and laws, including employee health and safety protections mandated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), patient privacy and data security required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), as well as all home infusion standards of practice.
• Complete all training required upon hire and annually per policy, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification, fingerprinting.
• Serve as a professional representative of Benessair and Consolaré when meeting with and/or providing education to external customers, payers and referral sources.
• Assist in staff orientation and training, serving as a clinical educator and resource as requested.
• Drive personal / rental vehicle (per travel policy) in the completion of job duties, including (but not limited to) travel to the company office, patient homes, area hospitals, physician offices, home health agency offices, etc.
• Position Type: Salaried
• Shift: Day / Weekdays and some Weekends as well
• Compensation: 35.00- 42.00 Hr based on experience
• Benefits: Full-time eligible with Bonus and profit Sharing
• Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
• 1,600 hours minimum in an infusion-related field
At Benessair and Consolare, we grow talent. When you join our team, you have the opportunity to develop your career based on your strengths and potential. This is a career destination for engaged, caring, passionate and talented people who want to make a difference.
Benessair and Consolare, is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status. The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.